|Known for||First female president of ZSA|
|Kupes Young Womens Network|
Norena Mutoya Chiteba is a Zambian banker, marketer, TV personality, first female President of the Zambia Squash Association and founder of the Kupes Young Womens Network, a Lusaka-based network empowering young women in Zambia. She also seat on the gender committee of the Zambia National Sports Council Board.
Early life and education
From her early life, Norena held a number of leadership roles in school and was Junior Champion in squash.
Norena holds an International Diploma in Sales Management and Marketing and has other qualifications in Accounting, Stock Brokers, Public Relations and advertising. She is an Associate Member of Zambia Institute of Marketing and Member of the interim committee of the Zambia Public Relations Association (ZAPRA).
In 2002, Norena worked for BancABC (formerly African Banking Corporation) in Investment Services, Business Development and as Marketing and Communications Manager till 2009 when she joined Finance Bank as Assistant Director Marketing & Business Development. In the same year, she founded Kupes Young Womens Network with an aim to empower young women from all walks of life.
At the 2015 Zambia Squash Association (ZSA) elective annual general meeting held in Lusaka at National Sports Development Centre, Norena went through unopposed, giving her another two years to be president of the association.
Awards and recognition
- March 2016 she was awarded the Mentorship of the Year Award at the Zambia Women of the year Awards.
- She was also selected as Mentor for the 2016 Mandela Washington Fellows and as national Mentor for the Atlas Mara Foundation.
Norena is married with three children.
<templatestyles src="Reflist/styles.css" />
- Norena M. Chiteba - Marketing & Business Development Finance Bank
- Chiteba unopposed, Chauluka out Zambia Daily Mail, 1 February 2015
- A Chat With Zambia's Most Profound Woman; Norena Mutoya Chiteba, Founder of KUPES Young Womens Network African Super Woman